The BisonCard is the official University ID card for students, faculty and staff; it must be carried while on any University campus.
A BisonCard may be used to:
- Access University buildings, including Howard Residence Halls
- Check out materials from the Howard libraries as well as print from computers and make copies
- Purchase textbooks, academic related materials, or to redeem a book voucher
- Use a Dining Plan at Howard Campus Dining locations
- Use Bison Bucks to pay for food and services at participating dining and retail locations
- Ride Howard’s Shuttle Bus Services
- Residence Hall laundry services
Care for your BisonCard
It is important to take care of your BisonCard for it to work properly.
- Do not punch holes in or deface your BisonCard. Your card contains a magnetic stripe inside that grants access to campus buildings through electronic card readers.
- Store your BisonCard in a secure location, such as a wallet or handbag and away from other magnetic cards that may deactivate the card.
- Lanyards and other cardholders are often helpful – Barnes & Noble @ Howard University has a variety of lanyard options.
When your BisonCard is issued, it is issued with an expiration date. If your BisonCard is near or past expiration, please visit the Bison One Card Office to validate that your card is active.