Dear Howard University Community,
The Office of Parking and Transportation Services (OPTS) would like to inform you about upcoming changes to our office processes. These changes will be implemented starting Tuesday, August 1, 2023.
The Office of Parking and Transportation Services requires all employees parking on campus to purchase a parking permit and register for parking for FY 2023-2024 using the online portal, https://howard.t2hosted.com. Employees with parking permits in the previous fiscal year must register again for a new parking permit.
• Parking and Transportation Services will be responsible for managing employee parking requests. Spaces will be assigned based on availability.
• Employees must upload their Howard University-issued identification card and vehicle registration card at the time of registration. Additional vehicle registration cards can be uploaded during or after registering.
• Employees will pick up permits at the designated pick-up location (listed in the Annual Permit Distribution section below).
• Parking and Transportation Services will reconcile employees' permit fee selections and adjust accordingly.
PARKING PERMIT OPTIONS
Employees can choose an annual, monthly, or daily parking permit. The monthly and daily parking permits are pay-as-you-go and can be purchased using the online parking portal. Employees with a current parking assignment can buy a monthly or daily parking permit for their assigned parking lot. Employees who do not have a current parking assignment will only be allowed to purchase a monthly or daily permit for the Howard Center parking lot. The daily and monthly parking rate is $10 per day.
ANNUAL PERMIT REGISTRATION SCHEDULE
The Office of Parking and Transportation Services will conduct online employee parking registration starting Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at 2 p.m. and will continue through Tuesday, August 8, 2023. Please visit https://howard.t2hosted.com to register.
ANNUAL PERMIT PAYMENT SCHEDULES
Two payment schedules are currently offered — a bi-weekly payroll deduction and a one-time payroll deduction. One of these payment schedules must be selected in the drop-down menu before finalizing your employee parking registration.
• Bi-Weekly Payroll Deduction: Employees who select a bi-weekly payroll deduction will have their first deduction occur on September 8, 2023.
• One-Time Payroll Deduction: Employees who select a one-time payroll deduction will have the full cost of their parking permit deducted on September 8, 2023.
PERMIT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Log onto https://howard.t2hosted.com.
2. Click “Get Permits” and follow the prompts.
3. Login ID: Your employee ID number (located on your pay stub or Employee ID card) as shown (000XXXXXX).
4. Password: All employees, even if it is not your first time using the online portal, please enter your employee ID number (located on your pay stub) as shown (000XXXXXX). You will later be prompted to change your password.
ANNUAL PERMIT DISTRIBUTION
• Permit distribution will start at 8:00 am to 12:30 pm and resume at 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
• Employees on the main campus and 801 North Capital will pick up their parking permits from the Blackburn Center from August 16 through August 18, 2023.
• Employees at the Law Campus will pick up their parking permits from August 22 through August 24, 2023.
• Employees can park on the Childers lot during distribution on the main campus.
PERMIT RETURN POLICY
Employees separating from the University must return their permits to the Parking Office or Human Resources. You will be charged accordingly if the permit is not returned to the Parking Office or Human Resources.
For more information about parking, please click here or email email@example.com.
Excellence in Truth and Service,
Office of Parking and Transportation Services