Printing & Postal - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
University Post Office:
- What are your customer service hours? Normal business operations for the Campus Post Office are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Mail services are available 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and pick-up service is available until 5:00 pm.
- What are your methods of payment? The Campus Post Office accepts Bison Bucks and Cash only. We do not accept credit cards.
- Can I purchase a money order at the Campus Post Office? No, we do not offer money orders for purchase.
- Do you have a notary on staff? No, we do not have a notary on staff and cannot notarize items for customers.
- Do you provide mail delivery services? Yes, we deliver mail to residence halls and campus departments only.
- Can I ship my UPS or FedEx package at the Campus Post Office? We only accept UPS packages that have prepaid postage.
Graphics & Printing:
- How do I set up my Online Account? Visit our Digital Store Front (iOffice) site. Once on the main page you will need to click “Sign Up!” so that you may begin using our website for your printing needs.
- What are your methods of payment? The Print Shop accepts Department Account Code, Bison Bucks, Money Order and Cash.
- Can I request a Quote? Yes, quotes can be provided or you can view pricing via the iOffice job submission portal.
- Do you provide delivery services? Yes, we provide delivery services to on campus departments only. There is a $15.00 delivery fee, with the exception of delivery for HU stationary items. HU stationary items are delivered free of charge. Customers also have the option of picking up their orders.
- How long does it take form the time I submit my order until you begin working on the job? Your job is usually acknowledged within 24 hours after being received on our website. A proof is prepared within 24-48 hours, if your files have been prepared properly. If there is a problem with your file, we will contact you immediately to keep your project moving forward.
- What are your customer service hours? Normal business operations for Campus Connection Printing are from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Can I submit a PDF file for printing? We can certainly print a PDF file, and the results are excellent. It does take away our ability to edit your file. If, for instance, there is a typo, we then will need for you to edit your file and retransmit it. If you are saving a PDF for us, embed your fonts and give us the highest resolution PDF it will make.
- Can you help me with design elements? Of course we can. We have graphic artists who will certainly get you the guidance you need in preparing your files for print.
- What makes Campus Connection printing different and why should I use you for my printing needs? Howard University's Graphics and Printing (G&P) operation is managed by Swiss Post Solutions (SPS) a global solutions business division of Swiss Post. As a campus service, G&P has the flexibility to allocate printing costs at below market rates. These costs are periodically evaluated and on average billed at 25% below market. In order to further reduce costs and maximize operations all departments are required to adhere to the following procedures for printing services:
- G&P will oversee all printing requests to insure compliance with the University's Procurement Policies & Procedures, and Identity Guidelines & Graphics Standards.
- All departments should submit their job requests through the Digital Store Front (iOffice) and no longer submit purchase requests directly through PeopleSoft.
- G&P will evaluate all job requests and determine whether they should be completed in-house or by other third parties.
- If necessary, G&P will coordinate with the Office of Procurement & Contracting to facilitate purchase requests through approved third party vendors and approval by the Finance Leads.
- Before completion, G&P will provide a quote for review and approval before final billing to departments.
For additional information please contact a member of our team.